Combined Unit- 29 acres | $2,700,000
Grace Mansion is a rare find in the productive plains of South Dakota. A very practical design with large rooms built for comfort and efficiency. In-floor heat/cool keeps individual living spaces exactly the temperature you are looking for. This highly versatile property would work very well as a lodge for hunting, weddings, ministry purposes or other gatherings, comfortably handling 70 guests yet very well suited in its current purpose as a personal residence. If you are looking for a quality residence with some elbow room or what to start a business in the Great State of South Dakota, the #1 GDP state, you need to put Grace Mansion on your list of prospects.
The wide open spaces and expansive views provide a peaceful, private and inspiring getaway. From the Grace Mansion to personal residence to the shop/“toy shed”, the improvements are exceptionally well-built with no detail left undone.
Property Address: 32887 170th St., Seneca, SD 57473
View the complete photo gallery here
The Grace Mansion property is located in Potter County, just 10 miles from the town of Gettysburg, SD, county seat, population 1,000. The town of Gettysburg is home to many local and businesses, churches, health clinics, and a strong school system.
While agriculture is the predominant industry, the area provides some of the best fishing and hunting the Midwest has to offer. The Missouri River, which provides a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities, is just 40 minutes from the property. Whitlock Bay provides access to Lake Oahe for fishing, boating, water skiing and bird hunting opportunities.
South Dakota, specifically Potter County in central South Dakota, is renowned worldwide for its pheasant hunting, not to mention duck and Canadian Goose hunting. Big game hunting is also prominent- Whitetail and Mule Deer hunting. South Dakota welcomes thousands of non-resident hunters annually. View more information about SD hunting and fishing here.
Distance to Regional Locations:
- Pierre, SD- 72 miles
- Aberdeen, SD- 92 miles
- Sioux Falls, SD- 234 miles
- Rapid City, SD- 244 miles
- Bismarck, ND- 181 miles
- Minneapolis, MN- 328 miles
Rural air service is provided by the Gettysburg Rural Airport as well as in nearby Highmore and Mobridge, and the nearest regional air service is provided by the Pierre, SD Regional Airport.
South Dakota is home to a rich culture and history, where opportunities abound for both residents and businesses alike. Home to a growing number of businesses, South Dakota features a stable tax climate and is rated the second most business-friendly state in the US. It values a strong work ethic, has a growing workforce, and values personal freedom. Learn more here.
Grace Mansion Home Information
Grace Mansion (started construction in 2013; completed in 2015):
- 52’X96’ 1st and 2nd story each, approximately 9,984 sq ft of living space (including 4 stall garage, walk-in freezer, and meat cutting room); plus storage attic, plus small lookout room. Crawl space is approximately 52’X64’ and 4’ tall
- 5,200 sq ft of aluminum deck that surrounds the 2nd story level.
- 1,200 sq ft of windows
- All Dining Tables, Game Tables/chairs, countertops, and most shelves were made by the Amish and are matching. The countertops stay otherwise are not included but are negotiable.
- Walls are 2”X10” with 5” of Spray insulation
- Geo Thermal Heating/Cooling system with 7 individual thermostats (very proficient)
- Instant hot water from circulation pump on hot water heaters
- Grace Mansion has (1) half bathroom; (1) three quarter bathroom; (1) master bathroom with walk-in tub and 2 showers; (2) full bathrooms
- (4) 200 amp fuse boxes
- 1,000 gallon propane tank
- Elevator with 1,000 lb capacity that goes to all 4 levels
- Concrete pad and patio around three sides of the house.
- Storage shed along side of concrete patio
- Beautiful Swing set/play area with rubber shavings
- 10’ ceilings with decorative tin on ceiling
- Coat hooks, hat/cap racks
- Several coat closets
- Large Utility Room
- Sink, countertop, draws, large mirror
- Cleaning supplies closet
- Sewing/Gun/Storage Room with closet (could also be a bedroom)
4 Stall Garage heated:
- Walk-through doors heading north and south
- 3 stalls with overhead doors for full size vehicles
- 1 stall with overhead door for small car or ATV/UTV
- Walk in cooler
- Meat Cutting room with shelving, sink, and floor drain
- Tile floor in meat cutting room extends into garage to entryways for walk-in cooler and house
- Lots of shelves for storage and/or corner working area
Bed Rooms/Living Area:
- Hallway with Laundry inlet
- Bedroom with closet
- 3/4 bathroom
- Bedroom with closet and private full bathroom
- Bedroom with multilayer bunk beds, closet, and private full bathroom
- Elevator Access with 1,000 lb capacity that goes to all 4 levels
- Storage/linen closets in hallway
- Master Bath: 2 showers, 1 walk-in tub, 1 toilet, 2 sinks, 2 walk-in closets, drawers, large mirror
- Sitting room with propane fireplace (fireplace not included but negotiable), sink, small fridge, counter, and door to patio
- Vaulted ceiling
- Walk in pantry with refrigerator and freezer spaces
- Slide out storage racks
- Lots of counter space
- 2 sinks
- Heavy Duty, deep drawers
- Appliances include: ice machine, glass door cooler, 2 commercial dishwashers, Rational Oven, Volcan 6 burner gas stove top, Volcan griddle, Cook shack Char broiler, Refrigerator
- Vaulted ceiling
- Large Game room off side of Kitchen
- Golf/Hunting Simulator
- 7 game tables (not included but negotiable)
- Pool Table (not included but negotiable)
- Shuffle board table (not included but negotiable)
- Foos Ball Table (not included but negotiable)
- 2 Exercise machines (not included but negotiable)
- Loft overlooking Kitchen and Game Room
- 1/2 bath off corner of Game room
- Game Closet
- Additional wall air conditioner if necessary
- Air circulation vents
- Storage over ceiling
- Short hallway between Game Room and Office contains filing cabinets
- Office has 2 large corner desks and conference table
- Office storage room with air circulation vent
- Cable and Internet provided by Fiber Optics through Venture Comm
Great Room/Dining Room:
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Large room with windows on 3 sides, 2 dining room tables that each sit 26 (not included but negotiable)
- Several couches, recliners, book cases, china hutches, piano (these are not included in sale)
- 2 dining room tables that each seat 26 (not included but negotiable)
- Propane fireplace (not included but negotiable)
- Elevator Access
- Attic/Storage room
- Elevator Access
- Lookout Tower with table and chairs, windows on all sides and elevator access
In the event the houses sell separately, the Toy Shed and RV hookups will sell with the older Residence as Hamburger Farms Inc. Headquarters
Each Residence has its own Transformer and Electric Meter
Web Water services both houses and the Toy shed RV Hookups AS WELL AS the Elmer Hamburger Farms Inc. farming operation that shares the driveway to the Toy Shed and Grace Mansion. Adherence to a Water users agreement shall be required from buyers of the properties. The owner of the older residence is the owner of the meter for the Web Water. Phil Hamburger will install meters after the Master Water Meter to monitor the usage of the three separate properties.
The taxes for Grace Mansion are approximately: $2,507.76
Ask a Question or Schedule a Visit
The Hamburger Farms Inc. Headquarters property includes the multi-family residence, toy shed, and RV hookups.
Selling as a Combined Unit: Grace Mansion & Hamburger Farms Inc. Headquarters | 29 Acres | $2,700,000
From the Grace Mansion to personal residence to the shop/“toy shed”, the improvements are exceptionally well-built with no detail left undone.